Strengthening Volunteer Boards WorkshopAugust 2, 2017
Town of Pincher Creek Parks, Recreation and Community Services and Board Development Program (Alberta Culture & Tourism)
Strengthening Volunteer Boards
Would you like to enhance your skills as a Board Member?
As a board member of a not-for-profit organization, have you ever wondered…
- What are my legal and ethical responsibilities?
- What role do I play in governing our organization?
- How can our board organize its work and fairly and efficiently to avoid volunteer and staff burnout?
- How can we develop policies that will help us make consistent decisions?
- How can we encourage teamwork between the board and staff?
If you’re a new board member wanting to learn more about your role, or an experienced board member wishing to enhance your skills and work effectively as a team member then…..this workshop is for you.
Attend by yourself or with another member of the board.
(Please note that workshop content will focus on
incorporated not-for-profit organizations.)
Limit of 3 board members per organization please.
|Date: October 14, 2017 8:30 – 4:30 pm|
|Fee: $15.00/person includes lunch|
Pre-registration required by October 1, 2017
Online HERE or Recreation Office
|Location: Town Council Chambers|