Re-Use and Recycle Fair has been cancelledMay 25, 2020
Due to COVID-19, the Re-Use and Recycle Fair has been cancelled for 2020. Please use the following options available at the Landfill or the Recycling Depot:
KJ Cameron Service Industries Ltd - Pincher Creek Bottle Depot & Recycling
1038 Deer Ave, Pincher Creek | 403 627 3262
Corrugated and flattened
No short fiber boxboard (most thin cereal box packaging etc.), waxy cardboard, contaminated cardboard (cheesy pizza boxes, oil stained or spray foamed)
Newspaper and white paper:
No filmy/plastic magazine or pamphlet paper, wrapping paper, contaminated paper (glue/coloring on)
Grades 1, 2 and 5
No plastic bags or films
Clean, washed with labels peeled off
- fax machines
Residential only less than 20L or 5 Gallon
Sorry not accepted:
If you have any questions about an item that is not included in the list above, please Facebook message the depot or give them a call. They are happy to answer any recycling questions you have.
Recycling at the Landfill
403 628 3849
Please help us keep electronics out of the landfill by recycling the following items at our facility:
- Televisions – These products include a television tuner, or a device that can operate as both a computer monitor and television.
- CPU’s / Computers.
- Keyboards, mice, cables and/or speakers.
- Monitors – These devices have built-in components necessary to operate as a computer monitor, and they do not come within the definition of a television as noted above.
- Printers – Includes desktop printers, multi-function printers/copiers and printer/fax/copier combinations.
- Laptops and notebooks – Portable computers that combine the CPU, monitor and keyboard all in one package.
- Motor oil (less than 5 gallons or 20 litres) – Used motor oil must not contain any foreign substances, or an extra charge will be levied.
- Used oil filters
- Large appliances (stoves, washers etc.)
- Sheet metals
- Farm equipment
- Automobile hulks – All liquids must be drained, and tires removed.
- Refrigerators and freezers – A $20.00 fee applies to all Freon units for the purpose of Freon removal.
- Batteries (lead acid)
- Propane tanks and small propane bottles
- Cooking oil
- Herbicide containers
- Bale twine
- Household hazardous materials including paints and household chemicals.
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Cardboard (currently not excepting cardboard until further notice due to COVID 19 concerns).
- Camp fuel
- More than 5 gallons of motor oil