Affordability Relief Payments - informationJanuary 9, 2023
Monthly $100 payments for families, seniors, and vulnerable Albertans will start soon, and Albertans can act now to get ready.
- Alberta’s economy has recovered strongly but Albertans are struggling to heat their homes and feed their families and we want to help.
- The Government of Alberta has responded with the largest inflation relief package in Canada, with significant broad-based and targeted supports.
- Millions of inflation relief payments will be delivered over the next six months – beginning this month – and we have been working hard to set-up an application and distribution system that is fast, effective, and safe to get this needed support to Albertans.
- Albertans who receive AISH, PDD, Income Support, and the Alberta Seniors Benefit, as well as kinship and foster caregivers, are already registered to receive the inflation relief payments. Eligible parents and seniors not receiving benefits will need to sign up using a portal.
- To make this process as smooth as possible, eligible parents and seniors not receiving the Alberta Seniors Benefit should sign up for their Verified Account as soon as possible; ensure you have a verified account by visiting www.alberta.ca/affordable.
- Before the end of January, parents, seniors, and vulnerable Albertans will receive their first of six $100 monthly payments to help offset inflationary pressures and keep life affordable.
Albertans who will automatically receive their monthly payments and do not need to apply include:
- Seniors receiving the Alberta Seniors Benefit;
- Clients enrolled in AISH, Income Support, or PDD; or,
- Kinship or foster caregivers caring for a child under the age of 18.
- Albertans who will need to apply for the monthly payments through their Verified Account include:
- Seniors not receiving the Alberta Seniors Benefit and with a household income below $180,000; and,
Parents with children under 18 and a household income below $180,000.
- Note: to be eligible, they must have been an Alberta resident as of November 30, 2022, and reside in the province the first of each month during the payment period.
Support will be offered to those who have difficulty applying online or need assistance.
- A tutorial video will be available online to help walk applicants through the process.
- If unable to apply online, Albertans can also apply in-person at any registry agent from Jan. 18 until June 30, 2023.
- More information is available at www.alberta.ca/affordable.
Inflation relief portal and payments coming soon | alberta.ca