Click here to download the 2016 Assessment List.
Click here to download the 2015 Assessment List.
Click here to download the 2014 Assessment List.
Click here to download the 2013 Assessment List.
Click here to download the 2012 Assessment List.
Click here to download the Compliance Review form (LGS1408)
Water and sewer services
Road construction and maintenance
Parks and leisure facilities
Police and fire protection
The municipality is responsible for ensuring that each property owner pays his or her share of taxes. Property assessment is the method used to distribute the tax burden among property owners in a municipality.
Assessment x Municipal Tax Rate / 1000 = Property Tax
The tax amount on your Assessment and Tax Notice is for taxes levied from January to December of the current year.
1. Municipal Levy - This amount is paid directly to the Town of Pincher Creek and pays for municipal infrastructure, facilities, service and programs.
2. School Levy - This amount is collected by the Town of Pincher Creek and paid directly to Province of Alberta, for maintenance and development of the school system. The amount of school funds paid by each municipality is based on population and the tax base. All municipalities must collect and forward these funds to the Province.
3. Senior Housing - This amount is collected by the Town of Pincher Creek and paid directly to the Pincher Creek Foundation and helps pay for senior housing in our area. If applicable, all municipalities must collect and forward these funds.
You have until June 30th to pay your current taxes without penalty. Any account not paid in full as of July 1st will be penalized 12% of the current outstanding balance.
If taxes are not paid by January 1st of the following year, an additional 10% will be applied to the total outstanding balance.
Customer Review Steps:
Step 1: ask yourself the following:
a. Is the market value assessment of my property a reasonable estimate as of July 1, of the previous year?
b. Are the factual details that the Town has on record for my property correct*?
c. Is my assessment equitable when compared with others in my neighborhood?
*Corrections to the name or address of the assessed person(s) or their school support status may be made without filing a complaint. Contact the Town of Pincher Creek Tax Department at 403-627-3156 or email@example.com
Step 2: If you have questions, contact the Assessor, Kevin Lawrence 780-418-6905 or 1-888-419-2128
Step 3: If you are still not satisfied with the assessment or explanation from the assessor you have the right to file a complaint with the Assessment Review Board.
Filing a Complaint:
Your complaint may be about any of the following, as shown on the Assessment Notice:
The type of property
The type of improvement
Whether the property or business is assessable
Whether the property or business is exempt from taxation
Description of a property or business*
School Support Declaration*
Name or mailing address of an assessed person or taxpayer*
* You can correct this information without filing a complaint by emailing details to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing to 403-627-4784.
A complaint form and/or assessment complaints agent authorization form may be downloaded from:
Alternately, contact the Town Office at 403-627-3156 to have a form forwarded to you.
The assessment review board cannot hear complaints about the amount of property taxes or tax rates. Assessment review boards cannot change the tax rates or the services provided by the municipality. If a property owner has specific concerns about these issues, he or she may discuss them with the municipality's administration or council.
Single Family Residential = $50
Multi-family Residential (more than 3 units) = $500
Non-Residential (Commercial) = $500
*If your appeal is successful, your money will be refunded
For more information about assessment complaints and appeals please visit Municipal Affairs website.
- 2011 rates ... Residential: 11.1106 Non-Residential: 13.7005
- 2012 rates ... Residential: 11.8714 Non-Residential: 14.3740
- 2013 rates ... Residential: 12.3765 Non-Residential: 15.1123
- 2014 rates ... Residential: Non-Residential:
- 2015 rates ... Residential: Non-Residential:
- 2016 rates ... Residential: 12.0285 Non-Residential: 15.2197
- 2017 rates ... Residential: 12.361 Non-Residential: 15.8103
- The most recent tax levy on your property is divided by 12 months
- From January to June we debit your account for this amount
- In May you will receive your Tax/Assessment Notice showing the actual levy for the current year and the adjusted amount you will pay on TIPP starting with your July payment
You may sign up for this program by December 15th of the year prior to deductions being taken out. Exceptions may be made to the above deadline by contacting the Town Office or you can download the application here which you will need to drop off at the Town Office.
- Operational Services
- Recreation Facilities