Lebel Mansion/Allied Arts Council

696 Kettles Street

This Pincher Creek landmark was built in 1910 and served as the private residence of local businessman Timothee Lebel until 1924. The mansion was then donated to the Roman Catholic Order Les Filles de Jesus for use as a hospital.  Later, the building formed the core of the St. Vincent’s Municipal Hospital. This graceful three story brick structure exhibits French Canadian and Queen Anne influences with an ornate veranda, brick turrets and bell shaped roof that dominate the skyline of Pincher Creek. The building was designated as a Historic Resource in 1976.

The building was purchased by the Town of Pincher Creek in 1985 to become the current home of the Allied Arts Council.  Today, The Allied Arts Council offers:

  • free public art gallery which features a new exhibit each month
  • pottery studios
  • meeting room
  • Local arts gift shop
  • community arts programs and classes

The building is open to the public and visitors are welcome to take a self-guided tour.

For more information, hours of operation and more contact:
403-627-5272
http://www.thelebel.ca
Email
 

Upcoming Events

JUN
24
2:00 PM
Annual Cricket Match
JUN
25
6:00 PM
Council Meeting
JUN
28
1:30 PM
EMS Meeting

Public Notices

(view all)

Joint Funding Form and Deadline
September 12, 2018
Applications for the 2019 Grant Funding Program will be accepted until September 12, 2018. All applications must be completed in full and submitted on the prescribed form. Application forms are available at the Town and MD Administration offices and on their respective websites. This will be the only opportunity for 2019 Joint Council Grant Funding.
Canada Day in Pincher Creek
July 1, 2018
Enjoy Canada Day in Pincher Creek 
Review of the Local Authorities Election Act (LAEA)
June 20, 2018
It is the intent of the Government of Alberta to review the Local Authorities Election Act (LAEA) following each municipal general election, with the most recent elections held in October 2017.
Copyright © 2018 Town of Pincher Creek.